Torque Release Technique
How is Torque Release Technique different than other Chiropractic techniques?
A Torque Release Technique (TRT) adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed neutral position with the perfect amount of force: Whereas a traditional adjustment requires the spine to be stretched to a position of tension followed by the manual thrust by hand to sufficiently open the spinal joints to activate a cavitation response. Practice members enjoy the specific adjustment without the force, cracking and popping sound of manual adjustments.
Discover Why Torque Release Technique was:
- Featured on the Health Discovery Channel
- Published in the world's most prestigious scientific journals such as Nature and Molecular Psychiatry
- Featured as the front piece on Psychology Today
Chiropractic has never had a scientific model that represents subluxation-centered chiropractic. A model that explained the subluxation for the true role it plays. With chiropractic having entered its second century, it is essential that a truly up-to-date, functional, scientific, neurological based model lead the forefront and transform healthcare.
There have been endless definitions of the subluxation. Many pioneers have attempted to develop techniques to diagnose, locate and correct subluxations. Although much greatness has come, chiropractic has been left with mechanistic and/or linear protocols that have stood in the way of chiropractic's true potential.
In 1994, the Holder Research Institute discovered (1) that only vertebrates have opiate receptor site brain reward, establishing the vertebral subluxation complex as the hallmark of insult of the vertebrate's ability to express a state of well-being to its fullest potential. "The Brain Reward Cascade" is a scientific model (2) that provides an understanding of the neurophysiological mechanisms of how the meso-limbic system expresses a state of well-being. A lack of state of well-being is referred to as Reward Deficiency Syndrome (RDS). The vertebral motor unit and the dorsal horn (3) are the common denominators. Due to its intimate relationship to the "The Brain Reward Cascade", a subluxation-free spine becomes mandatory for the expression of one's greatest potential. If subluxated, reward Deficiency Syndrome is manifested (4).
"The transition from the mechanistic model of disease versus health, in which we have been stuck for so many years, to a vitalistic model of wellness can be the hallmark of the coming millennium.
TO ABANDON DISEASE IS TO ABANDON ITS CONCEPT
RDS and the Brain Reward Cascade Model demands non-linear time sequence adjusting priorities. The neurophysiology of the Brain Reward Cascade, as well as any other nervous system components, teach us that non-linear time sequence adjusting priorities are mandatory to any chiropractic technique protocol.
Torque Release Technique® was developed out of respect for non-mechanistic, non-linear timed sequence adjusting priorities and embraces The Brain Reward Cascade model (5).
Utilizing The Integrator™, a torque and recoil release adjusting instrument combines the best of existing chiropractic techniques and principles, quantum physics and the body/mind connection. Creating the first integrated chiropractic system for the second century of chiropractic.
Torque Release Technique® is a model that utilizes the multi-factorial approaches pioneered in the following techniques:
- Thompson Terminal Point
- Van Rumpt, D.N.F.T.
- DeJarnette, S.O.T.
- Logan Basic
- Palmer Upper Cervical
- Network Chiropractic Spinal Analysis
Torque Release Technique® is non-mechanistic and non-linear. Torque Release Technique® utilizes neurologically-based analysis that incorporates non-linear time sequence adjusting priorities.
1 - Research and references reviews, Holder, et al., 1994
2 - "The Reward Deficiency Syndrome". A Biogenic Model, Blum, K; holder, J; Amereon Press, New York 1996
3 - Oncogenesis and Tumor Growth, Pert, Candice; New York Academy of Sciences, 1982
4 - Reward Deficiency Syndrome; A Biogenic Model, Blum, K.; Holder, J; Amereon Press, New York 1996, Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, Vol. 23, November, 2000, Blum, Braverman, Holder, et al.
5 - Increasing Retentive rates among the chemically dependent in residential treatment: Aunculotherapy and Subluxation-Based Chiropractic Care. Holder, Jay, et al. Molecular Psychology, Nature, Vol. 6, Supplement 1, Feb. 2001.
THE INTEGRATOR reproduces the entire thrust and movement components of TOGGLE RECOIL, the classic Chiropractic Method of adjusting by hand at a speed of 1/10,000th of a second. No instrument in chiropractic history has been able to reproduce what the hands were intended to do! Many other features are built into the Integrator however the precocking/tip sensitive automatic release mechanism makes the Integrator the first and only chiropractic adjusting instrument capable of totally true inter-professional reproducibility. This instrument, also known as the Torque Adjustor™ isunlike other hand held instruments. The Integrator has true force adjustment as well as choice of three tip sizes, shapes and density characteristics to allow for the chiropractor the greatest outcome in correcting almost any subluxation that can present itself.
The Integrator™ automatically discharges when a predetermined contact pressure is reached, allowing for true inter-professional reproducibility, and signaling the chiropractor that a specific adjustment has been delivered. The Integrator™ is the only hand-held instrument with adjustable left and right "TORQUE" capability as well as "RECOIL" and true adjustment of force, and unlike most other instruments available, is legally marketed in the U.S. Few have FDA approval!
The attributes that make an Integrator adjustment something special and powerful are:
1) PRECISE: When using an Integrator you can pinpoint the exact point on the spine that requires adjustment of nerve frequency. Manual adjusting lacks this degree of accuracy.
2) SPECIFIC: The force, frequency of energy, torque, speed and thrust provided by the Integrator have all been tailor-made to deliver the perfect amount of energy to help normalize nerve function. Break through from a mechanistic attempt to facilitate neurological change to a system that ensures tonal change.
3) GENTLE: An Integrator adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed neutral position with the perfect amount of force: Whereas a traditional adjustment requires the spine to be stretched to a position of tension followed by the manual thrust by hand to sufficiently open the spinal joints to activate a cavitation response.
4) FAST: The incredibly fast but shallow impulse is one of the secrets to the effectiveness of this adjustment while being so gentle.
5) RECOIL: Another of the secret ingredients built into the Integrator is recoil. This bounce in the impulse increases the body’s response.
6) TORQUE: Subatomic particles, atoms, muscles, and human bodies move in three dimensions. The three-dimensional impulse of the Integrator maximizes the effectiveness on the human body.
7) EFFECTIVE: The benefits of Integrator adjustments have been measured by scientific research and this research has been published in major peer-reviewed medical journals.
8) RELIABLE: The way that the Integrator delivers an adjustment is very consistent and reliable so that the right amount of force and energy is transmitted on each and every adjustment.
9) CONSISTENT: The systems that are used in TRT and the features of the Integrator are very standardized which means that several practitioners using the same method can deliver the same results and experience.
10) RECOGNIZED: The Integrator holds several patents and is a legally marketed device for the adjustment of the Vertebral Subluxation; only available to licensed Doctors of Chiropractic.